marți, 26 octombrie 2010

hai la hoora mai baieeeti!

Romania at the international pub

Mexico with the day of the dead, France with the croissants and me and others singing "La nuit" from the movie "Les chortistes", Hungary with Sziget and Romania with hora and tuica.

Essentially we just got people to like us by showing them a world without Romania, by twirling them in our traditional dance (which they were really good at - jos palaria!) and giving them 60% alc. shots...

I was really surprised when showing them the tourism clips with the land of choice...they knew Nadia and Hagi...yuhu. Some were disappointed because we ruined the Dracula myth...and the steel from the Eiffel Tower is from Resita...


All who tried loved our tuica! They went: brrrrr, phuuua, mmm wtf?! Nice to see distorted faces in the dim lights of the University street...because the guys from the bar did not let us serve it inside...but tuica is best when in nature, when it’s cold outside, when shared with friends :)

If you don’t already know...I have my own radio show.
It’s at the Agder University student radio...every Monday from 5 to 6. So have your tea and listen to Exchanging sounds...an international beat of the heart!


I just have exchange students over and talk about their countries, traditions, music and about how they like/hate it in Norway.
Here's the link:
http://lyd.uia.no:8010/listen.pls

You can search for Exchanging Sounds on facebook also and give me a piece of your mind...

Oh and I really wanted to write something about a phenomenon!
You know how in the olden days it was said that each town should have it's crazy person...so other people would know they are sane, well in Brasov we have the old beggar who calls everybody Lenon, the dude with the radio...and in Cluj...we have the phosphorescent guy {he has to be maaad to walk around like that :))}
In Kristiansand they have Santa! It's an old guy, white beard, tall, friendly.
He just stops everyone and says "hai! hai!" And then ask other things which I can't understand. So I told him sorry and he began in English. Each time it’s the same story.
"Are you from England? Scotland? Ireland?
You are a young girl, pretty young..."
And I just smile and say "takk" and "ha de bra" and go my own way...

So yeah...guess things do happen in every part of the world...things that make you wonder, that remind you of who you are, what you have, lost, might never understand...

In other wooords...please be true to yourself and others...it's a great thing to be insane sometimes...ok..ok..I had tuica myself...I'm rambling...I'm going to stop now...any moment...now! :))

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebqdwQzmSHM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJf0md1kG8